Employment Opportunities (1 Active Posting)
Event Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Fridays to Tuesdays
The Job: Event Sales and Marketing Coordinator
The Event Sales and Marketing Coordinator is the public-facing ambassador for the Vancouver Biennale’s BIKEnnale/WALKennale (https://www.vbbike.ca/) summer events team and reports directly to the Artistic Director. Please note that this position includes work on weekends.
Deadlines are tight, standards are high, but it’s an amazing event and will be a lot of fun for the right person.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote group sales and corporate partnerships.
- Assist the Artistic Director with written correspondence, research, social media, and press.
- Represent the Vancouver Biennale, event sponsors, and community partners in public spaces and during weekend launches of routes.
- Answer inquiries on the phone and by email.
- Host activation spots on event weekends, including setup and strike.
- Facilitate merchandise sales during activations.
- Create community-engagement opportunities online.
- Create alliances and promotional partnerships with cycling groups, cycling stores, and other cycling organizations.
- Must be a cycling enthusiast and have good cycling skills.
- Experience in customer-service hospitality sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/OneDrive.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Eagerness to understand the Vancouver Biennale and partners’ missions and goals.
- Personable, enthusiastic, and can start conversations with anyone.
- Must be good at resolving conflicts.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Please note that according to our Canada Summer Jobs funding, you must be 30 years of age or under at the start of this contract. You must also be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You will also be required to hold a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible participants within this program.
About the Vancouver Biennale
The Vancouver Biennale is a non-profit charitable organization that exhibits great art in public space, creating a catalyst for learning, community engagement, dialogue, and social action. Our mission is to make Public Art accessible, engaging, and motivating to create vibrant and inspired communities.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]
Posted June 2, 2021
The Vancouver Biennale is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. Personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, ability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.