BIG IDEAS Anywhere : Experience Biennale Art Inquiry anywhere.
BIG IDEAS Education Program
The Vancouver Biennale is committed to building a legacy of education, advocacy and social responsibility enabled through art. BIG IDEAS Education Program (BIG IDEAS) was launched in 2010 based on the same educational principles as the British Columbia Ministry of Education’s new curriculum. BIG IDEAS aims to build a creative, collaborative community connecting educators, learners, artists and researchers who in turn shape the program and strive for innovation in education.
BIG IDEAS has now reached out to over 8,600 Kindergarten to Grade 12 students, 120 schools from Burnaby, Cariboo, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Richmond, Squamish, Surrey, Vancouver and West Vancouver.
BIG IDEAS meets British Columbia learning standards and facilitates core and curricular competencies development. The program features include:
- Arts Inquiry fosters discovery and creative learning through public art.
- Arts Infusion facilitates expression in multiple art forms through artist-led workshops in schools.
- Cross-Curricular drives integrated learning across subject areas including Science, Humanities, Socials and Arts Education.
- Socially Inclusive connects to all grades and schools.
- Community-based takes students outside their classrooms and brings community into the classroom.
- Digital Resources provides innovative, inspiring multi-media instructional samples.
BIG IDEAS Digital learning resources can be downloaded and printed free of charge by educators to assist in the classroom planning or personal, professional learning. Should you wish to use the documents for other purposes (for example, as part of a workshop or seminar) permission must be sought directly from Vancouver Biennale Education. Please email your request to email@example.com
Featured Unit Plans
Featured Documentary Videos
Featured Learning Cases
Like what you see?
Learn how to donate